PLEASE READ THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT (‘AGREEMENT’) CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SOFTWARE APPLICATION PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (“APP”) OFFERED BY LARK TECHNOLOGIES, INC. (‘LARK’). BY DOWNLOADING THE LARK SOFTWARE APPLICATION (“APP”) OR USING THE LARK APPS OR SERVICES IN ANY MANNER, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY AND A PARTY TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT TO THE
EXCLUSION OF ALL OTHER TERMS. IF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT ARE CONSIDERED AN OFFER, ACCEPTANCE IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO SUCH TERMS.
IF YOU DO NOT UNCONDITIONALLY AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AGREEMENT, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO USE THE WEBSITE, APPS, OR SERVICES. TO REJECT THESE TERMS, YOU MUST DELETE THE APP FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE IMMEDIATELY.
1. ACCESS TO THE SERVICES. The App or application services offered from time to time by Lark in connection therewith are owned and operated by Lark. Lark may offer to provide certain services to you through the App, as described more fully on the App, that have been selected by you through the process provided on the App (together with the App, ‘Services’). The term ‘Services’ shall include, without limitation, use of the App, any service Lark performs for you and the content offered by Lark on the App. Lark may change, suspend or discontinue the Services at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or content. Lark may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. You may only use the Services and the App for your own personal, non-commercial use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party. You may only use the App in connection with the Services, and for no other use. Any software component embodied in the App is licensed to you, and not sold. Lark reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify this Agreement at any time by posting a notice on the App, or by sending you a notice via email or postal mail. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Your use of the Services or the App following such notification constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement as modified.
Lark does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to Lark or on the Services. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
You represent and warrant to Lark that: (i) you are a natural person (e.g., not a corporation) and you either are of legal age to form a binding contract or have your parent’s permission to do so, and you are at least 13 years or age or older; (ii) all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful; and (iii) you will maintain the accuracy of such information by updating any incorrect or incomplete information of which you become aware. You understand and acknowledge that if you do not keep your account current and up-to-date, the App may not function properly. You also certify that you are legally permitted to use and access the Services and the App and take full responsibility for the selection and use of and access to the Services and the App. This Agreement is void where prohibited by law, and the right to access the Services and the App is revoked in such jurisdictions.
You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment or ancillary services needed to connect to, access, or otherwise use the Services and the App, including, without limitation, modems, hardware, software, and long-distance or local telephone service. You shall be responsible for ensuring that such equipment or ancillary services are compatible with the Services and App.
2. APP CONTENT. The App and its contents are intended solely for the personal, non-commercial use of App users and may only be used in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. All materials displayed or performed on the App (including, but not limited to text, graphics, articles, photographs, images, illustrations (also known as the ‘Content’)) are protected by copyright and trademark. You shall abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services, and shall not use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell or otherwise exploit for any purposes whatsoever any Content or third party submissions or other proprietary rights not owned by you: (i) without the express prior written consent of the respective owners, and (ii) in any way that violates any third party right.
The App is protected by copyright pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as expressly provided in this Section 2), create derivative works based on, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, software, materials, or Services in whole or in part.
You may download or copy the Content (and other items displayed on the App for download) for personal non-commercial use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. You shall not store any significant portion of any Content in any form. Copying or storing of any Content other than personal, noncommercial use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Lark or from the copyright holder identified in such Content’s copyright notice. You shall not link to the App without Lark’s prior written consent.
Under no circumstances will Lark be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred in connection with use of or exposure to any Content posted, emailed, accessed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Services.
3. YOUR WARRANTY. You warrant, represent and agree that you will not contribute any Content or otherwise use the Services or the App in a manner that (i) infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or proprietary rights, rights of publicity or privacy, or other rights of any third party; (ii) violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (iii) is harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or otherwise objectionable; (iv) involves commercial activities and/or sales without Lark’s prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; (v) impersonates any person or entity, including without limitation any employee or representative of Lark; or (vi) contains a virus, trojan horse, worm, time bomb, or other harmful computer code, file, or program. Lark reserves the right to remove any Content from the Services at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if Lark is concerned that you may have breached the immediately preceding sentence), or for no reason at all. You, not Lark, remain solely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise disseminate using, or in connection with, the Services, and you warrant that you possess all rights necessary to provide such content to Lark and to grant Lark the rights to use such information in connection with the Services and as otherwise provided herein.
4. RESTRICTIONS. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Services and the App. You agree to use Services only in accordance with this Agreement or other applicable terms relating to the use of the Services, and applicable laws. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of your right to access or use the Services or the App. You may not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Lark user. Use of the Services or the App to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material (including material that may be considered threatening or obscene) or engage in any kind of illegal activity is expressly prohibited. You will not run Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder, or ‘spam’ on the Services, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged on to the App, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of or place an unreasonable load on the Services’ infrastructure. Further, the use of manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to ‘crawl,’ ‘scrape,’ or ‘spider’ any page of the App is strictly prohibited. You will not decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to obtain the source code of the Services or the App. You will be responsible for withholding, filing, and reporting all taxes, duties and other governmental assessments associated with your activity in connection with the Services and the App.
5. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. Lark has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Lark has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Services; what Content you access via the Services; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release Lark from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. The Services may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Lark makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Services, and Lark will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Services.
THE SERVICES, APP, CONTENT, WEBSITE AND ANY SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN ‘AS IS’ BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. REGISTRATION AND SECURITY. As a condition to using the App or some aspects of the Services, you may be required to register with Lark and select a password and user name (‘Lark User ID’). You shall provide Lark with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of your account. You may not (i) select or use as a Lark User ID a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; or (ii) use as a Lark User ID a name subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization. Lark reserves the right to refuse registration of or cancel a Lark User ID in its discretion. You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password.
8. INDEMNITY. You will indemnify and hold Lark, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, and employees harmless (including, without limitation, from all damages, liabilities, settlements, costs and attorneys’ fees) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of your access to or use of the Services or the App, your violation of this Agreement, or the infringement by you or any third party using your account of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL LARK OR ITS SUPPLIERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, THE APP, THE SERVICES, OR THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT, UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (I) FOR ANY AMOUNT IN THE AGGREGATE IN EXCESS OF THE GREATER OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO LARK THEREFOR OR $200; (II) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER; (III) FOR DATA LOSS OR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; OR (IV) FOR ANY MATTER BEYOND LARK’S REASONABLE CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. The Services may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Lark. When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read and agreed to be bound by all applicable policies of any third party websites or services relating to your use of the Services and that you will act in accordance with those policies, in addition to your obligations under this Agreement. Lark has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy, privacy policies, or practices of or opinions expressed in any third party websites. In addition, Lark will not and cannot monitor, verify, censor or edit the content of any third party site.
By using the Services, you expressly relieve and hold harmless Lark from any and all liability arising from your use of any third party website. Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Services, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties. You agree that Lark shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that Lark is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release Lark, its officers, employees, agents, and successors in rights from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our service. If you are a California resident, you shall and hereby do waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: ‘A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.’
11. TERMINATION. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services. You may terminate your use of the Services or your membership at any time by following the instructions on the App. Lark may terminate or suspend your access to the Services, your right to use the App, or your membership at any time, for any reason, and without warning, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your membership. Lark may also terminate or suspend any and all Services, your right to use the App, and access to the App immediately, without prior notice or liability, if you breach any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Service and App, and to access the App and any Content, will immediately cease. All provisions of this Agreement which, by their nature, should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
12. MISCELLANEOUS. The failure of either party to exercise, in any respect, any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. Lark shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond Lark’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation (including ‘line-noise’ interference). If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with Lark’s prior written consent. Lark may transfer, assign or delegate this Agreement and its rights and obligations without consent. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind Lark in any respect whatsoever.
13. ARBITRATION; GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of this Agreement shall be finally settled by arbitration in Santa Clara County, California using the English language in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (‘JAMS’) then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes, who shall be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS. Judgment upon the award so rendered may be entered in a court having jurisdiction, or application may be made to such court for judicial acceptance of any award and an order of enforcement, as the case may be. Any arbitration under this Agreement will take place on an individual basis: class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AND LARK ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party shall have the right to institute an action in a court of proper jurisdiction for injunctive or other equitable relief pending a final decision by the arbitrator. For all purposes of this Agreement, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the United States Federal Courts located in the Northern District of California.
14. COPYRIGHT DISPUTE POLICY. Lark has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act or DMCA (https://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf). The address of Lark’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement (‘Designated Agent’) is listed at the end of this Section. It is Lark’s policy to (1) block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or users; and (2) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
A. Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements:
If you believe that material or content residing on or accessible through the Services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed; Identification of works or materials being infringed;
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Lark is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, email address;
A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material identified in (3) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
B. Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is Received by the Designated Agent:
It is Lark’s policy:
C. Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent:
If the content provider, member or user believes that the material that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or the content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or, pursuant to the law, the content provider, member, or user, must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Lark may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that Lark may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Lark’s discretion.
Please contact Lark’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement at the following address:
Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:
Lark Technologies Inc.
2570 W El Camino Real, Suite 100
Mountain View, CA 94040
15. APPLICATION TERMS.
A. Samsung Device and Application Terms:
You hereby acknowledge and agree that the application that is included herein, and any service and content provided to you through such application, are being provided to you by Lark and not by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (“Samsung”).
To the extent permitted under applicable laws, Samsung is not responsible for any privacy or any other practices of Lark and expressly disclaims any liability in connection with any such applications, services, contents or your use thereof.
B. Apple Device and Application Terms:
You hereby acknowledge and agree that the application that is included herein, and any service and content provided to you through such application, are being provided to you by Lark and not by Apple Inc. (“Apple”).
To the extent permitted under applicable laws, Apple is not responsible for any privacy or any other practices of Lark and expressly disclaims any liability in connection with any such applications, services, contents or your use thereof.
C. Google Device and Application Terms:
You hereby acknowledge and agree that the application that is included herein, and any service and content provided to you through such application, are being provided to you by Lark and not by Google LLC. (“Google”).
To the extent permitted under applicable laws, Google is not responsible for any privacy or any other practices of Lark and expressly disclaims any liability in connection with any such applications, services, contents or your use thereof.
17. CONTACT. If you have any questions, complaints, or claims with respect to the Services, you may contact us at Privacy@lark.com or
Lark Technologies Inc.
2570 W El Camino Real, Suite 100
Mountain View, CA 94040
Lark is a registered trademark of Lark Technologies, Inc., an A.I. application providing tools to support care for patients suffering from or at risk of chronic disease through the use of A.I. coaches.
Lark is not a medical device, nor does it provide medical advice. Lark is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Anyone experiencing serious medical issues or needing medical advice should consult their doctor. Lark does not endorse any specific product service or treatment Health care plans and the benefits thereunder are subject to the terms of the applicable benefit agreement.