We’re passionate about providing those with chronic conditions access to compassionate virtual care 24/7. It is imperative during this epidemic that we keep those at higher risk of COVID-19 – namely diabetics, hypertensives, and those suffering from obesity – at home and out of high-risk locations like doctor offices, ERs and pharmacies. As such, we’ve taken a series of immediate steps to do what we can to help:
No-Cost Access to Lark® for Behavioral Health
- To help support members during this crisis, Lark is making it’s Behavioral Health coaching for managing stress and feelings of anxiety available free-of-charge. Health plans, providers, and employers can get access by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additionally, we have integrated stress and anxiety management education and exercises in all programs – Diabetes, Hypertension, and Prediabetes, to equip members with the tools they need to stay mentally healthy.
Keeping Members Healthy
- Our COVID-19 resources have been specifically tailored to help members with chronic conditions, and those who are not members, get and stay healthy during this time. Already, our COVID-19 resources on the additional risk associated with Hypertension medications, for instance, have been read over 300,000 times.
- Our members are receiving specific guidance related to COVID-19 depending on their health status via push notification, email, and direct outreach.
- Lark has integrated stress management education and exercises in all programs to equip Lark users with the tools they need to stay mentally healthy. Social distancing can take a toll on emotional wellbeing.
Keeping Our Core Business Healthy
- We have worked with our partners, both internally and externally, to review and update plans for keeping our business operating and growing. We have not had and do not anticipate any delays or shortages with our devices or supplies. Members have continued to receive their glucose meters, test strips and lancets, blood pressure cuffs, and connected weight scales, without interruption.
- We continue to provide triggers and escalations to provide members with timely access to telephonic care for out-of-range readings and trends that might require intervention. We have worked with our partners, both internally and externally, to review and update plans for keeping our business operating and growing. We have not had and do not anticipate any delays or shortages with our devices or supplies. Members have continued to receive their glucose meters, test strips and lancets, blood pressure cuffs, and connected weight scales, without interruption.
Zero Layoffs, Expanding Hiring
- Our business is only as strong as our team, and we have committed to both no layoffs and to increase the pace of our hiring to meet the demand for our products and services. We’re expanding hiring across our business.
Keeping Our Team Healthy
- Our HR, Compliance, and Security teams implemented a COVID-19 Task Force at the outset of the epidemic. Since, then we have implemented the CDC’s guidelines, including maintaining a 100% work-at-home program through Monday, May 5, 2020, at which time we will revisit our current practice.
Enhancing Remote Patient Monitoring Capabilities
- Expanding Remote Patient Monitoring capabilities.
- RPM can help relieve the overburdened hospitals and other resources.
- Second, RPM can help protect high-risk patients, such as those with diabetes or hypertension, from getting exposed to the virus.