Lark SMS Terms
Last Updated: October 31, 2022
Lark Technologies, Inc. (“Lark” or “Lark Health”) provides these SMS terms and conditions (the “Lark SMS Terms”), which govern the provision and delivery of text messages by us or our text message service providers to you (“Lark SMS”). By signing up for Lark Services (as defined in the Lark Terms and Conditions) or otherwise initiating Lark SMS, you agree to these Lark SMS Terms and that Lark or its agents may use any automated or non-automated technology to send you text messages.
- Eligibility. By agreeing to receive Lark SMS, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older and understand the obligations and agree to the terms set forth in these Lark SMS Terms, which forms a binding agreement between you and us. You further represent that you are the subscriber of the cellular service at the mobile number provided. In the event that you change or deactivate the mobile number you enrolled in Lark SMS, you agree you will promptly notify Lark at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your number removed and/or updated.
- Costs. Lark does not charge you for its text message program. However, message and data rates may apply, so depending on your plan with your wireless or other applicable provider, you may be charged by your carrier or other applicable provider. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, please contact your wireless provider.
- Opt-In. By enrolling for Lark Services, you expressly agree to opt-in to receiving Lark SMS.
- Frequency of Text Messages. We may send you an initial message confirming that we have received your opt-in. After that, the specific number of text messages may vary depending on how you use our services and whether you take steps to generate additional text messages from us (such as by sending a “HELP” request).
- Unsubscribe; Re-enroll. You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” in response to our text message (or to the short code specified therein). After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, text “START” to the short code and we will start sending SMS messages to you again. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP” to the short code. After you send the SMS message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- Participating Carriers. Content is not available on all carriers and carrier participation could change. Lark is able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers including AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless). Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- Modifications. We reserve the right to modify these Lark SMS Terms, or any part thereof, or add or remove terms at any time, and such modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon posting. Your continued enrollment in Lark SMS shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such modifications, additions or deletions.