Do you ever forget to take your diabetes medications, and remember only when it is time for your next dose or when you measure your blood glucose and find it to be higher than you expected? You are not alone. Only about 3 in 5 patients with diabetes take their medications properly at least 80% of the time.
Taking medications as prescribed is one of the most important things you can do to hit your blood sugar targets. Lark for Diabetes’ personalized coaching can include help with medications. This is how to enter your medications into Lark to take advantage of Lark’s medication coaching. You can do this anytime after setting up your profile and beginning to use the app.
Getting Started in 10 Steps
1. Open the app.
2. Select your profile icon in the upper left-hand corner.
It is in green and it looks like a person inside of a circle (or your photo if you set a profile photo).
3. Tap on “Settings” in the upper right corner of your profile page.
It looks like a gear icon, just like the “settings” icon in many apps, and it is a round, white icon.
4. Select “Coaching Preferences” in the “Settings” section.
5. Look in the “Medication” section under “Coaching Preferences”.
Toggle “Using Medication” to “ON.” “Medication Reminders” will now appear.
6. Tap on “Medication Reminders.”
7. Toggle “Medication 1” to “ON” under “Medication Reminders.”
8. Input the name of your medication.
9. Input the time of day you take that medication.
This is when Lark will remind you to take it.
10. Repeat steps 7-9 for each additional medication up to 4 medications.
Why Adding Your Medication is Important
Support your medication use by using Lark to help you remember and to guide you in making other healthy choices to lower blood sugar. Lark can help you set and work towards weight loss and physical activity goals, as well as guide you towards eating more nutritious foods, managing stress better, and measuring your blood sugar as often as your doctor recommends.
The average person remembers to take their meds every day about 50% when they do not have an organization or reminder system. Lark can help you remember to take your medication as often as you need, helping you build a healthier routine and reach your goals!
Controlling your blood sugar is the goal if you have diabetes, and the choices you make throughout each day have the greatest impact on your blood sugar. Lark for Diabetes is there for you, anytime and anywhere via your smartphone, with personalized and compassionate coaching.