November is National Diabetes Month, a time to raise awareness about preventing and managing diabetes. This chronic condition of high blood sugar affects nearly 1 in 10 adults, and another 1 in 3 adults have prediabetes, or higher-than-normal blood sugar. This year’s National Diabetes Month focuses on cardiovascular disease in diabetes, since people with diabetes have nearly double the risk of cardiac or stroke-related death than people without diabetes.
Lark is especially excited about this month because we are passionate about reducing the impact of diabetes through prevention or management and using small steps in a personalized program to meet individual needs.
Prevent or Delay Type 2 Diabetes with Lark
Did you know that if you have type 2 diabetes, you can lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by over 50% just by making lifestyle changes? Lark Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) delivers a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-recognized curriculum with a focus on losing weight and achieving physical activity goals.
- Has been linked to clinically significant weight loss among users (and each kilogram – 2.2 lb. – of weight lost is linked to 16% reduction in diabetes risk).
- Has practical lessons on eating healthy and getting active in daily life.
- Is compassionate and realistic.
Manage Diabetes with Lark
Managing blood sugar, if you have diabetes, is the key to staying healthy and preventing complications. Diabetes management is largely in your hands, as you are the one with the power to lower blood sugar through healthy lifestyle changes, blood sugar monitoring (if your doctor suggests it), and taking any prescribed diabetes medications properly.
Lark Diabetes Management:
- Can lower A1C (glycated hemoglobin), which is linked to lower risk for cardiovascular and other complications.
- Supports small behavior changes that add up to big results for diabetes management.
- Targets weight loss, healthy food choices, physical activity, and other blood sugar-lowering behaviors.
- Has education, reminders, motivational messages, and features to track progress.
Check Back Every Day in November!
National Diabetes Month is sponsored by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) and National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) in the NIH, and Lark is right on board. We fully support the mission to raise awareness about diabetes and reduce its impact. That is why Lark will be posting a new resource about preventing diabetes or living with it.
You are in luck if you are ready to learn more about how to prevent or delay diabetes, or how to manage diabetes if you already have it. There will be a new post each day in November, so stay tuned to get motivated, learn a bit, and find helpful resources to share with others. Lark is with you to fight diabetes!