10 Meal Swaps to Lose Weight without Dieting in 2022
In this article:
- The average American gain weight each year. Weight gain often happens during the holiday season.
- Losing weight after the holidays can help prevent health risks related to accumulated extra pounds.
- It is possible to lose weight without making too many sacrifices. Here are examples of easy swaps and how many calories they can save.
- Lark offers weight loss and health coaching that fits your lifestyle. Lark may be available to you through your health insurance.
Holiday weight gain is real. Some studies have found that the average American gains over 1 pound during the holiday season. That is according to a review article published in Journal of Obesity. Some people gain more than that.
Come January, you may want to reverse any holiday weight gain. Reasons may include these.
- Improving health
- Fitting into clothes
- Feeling more energetic
- Lowering blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels
Are you ready for a crash diet, detox, or juice cleanse to melt away the holiday poundage? Not so fast! There is a better way if your goal is to lose weight and keep it off. A smarter weight loss plan may include the following.
- Meals and snacks that are similar to the ones you normally eat.
- Nutritious, wholesome foods.
- Foods that are available in regular stores instead of requiring diet bars and shakes.
- Filling meals and snacks.
Are you curious to see meals that are bigger, more nutritious, more filling, and lower in calories? Take a look at these meal and snack makeovers that can help you lose weight. Each makeover makes the meal bigger while slashing calories by at least one-third. And the made-over meals have plenty of protein, fiber, and other nutrients.
This year can be your year! Lark can help you reach your health and weight loss goals without dieting! Lark's coaching is available 24/7 through your smartphone. Features include daily check-ins, meal logging features, and instant feedback.
You can still eat great-tasting, favorite foods and lose weight. There are ways to eat foods you love while making healthier choices. Lark's nutrition and weight loss coaching can help you make small changes to stay on track or get back on track if you got a little off during the holidays.
Your health insurance might cover Lark at no cost to you. Click here to find out if you may be eligible for Lark!