Make the Most of Feedback from Lark
Build healthy habits
from your phone
In this article:
- Lark gives a lot of feedback. It's not a judgment. It's to help you!
- The more you use Lark, the more feedback you get. Log your food and physical activity to get more tips. And weigh yourself or take blood pressure or blood sugar often to get more feedback.
- Feedback makes your Lark experience more personal. And it can help you reach health and weight goals.
- You can get more from feedback when you log into Lark often.
Lark helps you build healthy habits to reach health and weight loss goals. Giving feedback is a main part of Lark. Here is what to expect with Lark's feedback and how to make the most of it.
What Is Feedback?
Feedback is Lark's way of responding to you. These are times when you might get feedback from Lark.
- When you log a meal or some physical activity. For example, if you log a bagel with jam and a banana, Lark may say that the banana was a great choice, but a whole-grain bread may be a better choice next time.
- When you confirm or edit your sleep times. Lark may point out how last night's sleep compares to your recent average.
- When Lark goes over the past day or week with you. Lark may tell you about which green badges you have earned.
- When you weigh yourself or take a measurement such as blood pressure or blood sugar. Lark may compare it to a recent measurement. Or Lark may link it to a health behavior, such as a change in physical activity levels.
Roles of Feedback
Why does Lark give feedback?
- Engagement. Giving feedback is a good way for Lark to chat with you. You can chat back. Or you can just absorb the feedback. Either way, you're more involved in your health. And that can help you reach goals. For example, weighing yourself is already helpful in itself. But chatting about it with Lark can motivate you to take ownership of your choices for today and this week so that you can be proud of your next weigh-in, too.
- Empowerment. In-the-moment feedback lets you learn in real life. That way, you can remember next time. For example, let's say you log a cold cut sandwich. Lark may tell you that unprocessed meat may be a better choice. Next time, you might think about ordering a chicken breast sandwich instead.
- Customization. The plan isn't the same for everyone. For example, Lark doesn't just tell each member to add a certain amount of activity at pre-set times after joining Lark. Each member has a unique program. Lark lets you know how you are doing, and suggests what you can work on. For example, let's say you hit your goals for whole grains, but you tend to drink soda. Lark can praise you on the whole grains so you keep them up. And Lark can suggest water instead of soda. Those tips wouldn't be helpful for a member who doesn't eat whole grains or drink soda.
These are just some of the possible roles of feedback!
Advice from a Friend
A friend is there to help. A friend listens. A friend is honest. A friend doesn't judge. A friend is encouraging. And a friend is always there for you. That's how Lark is!
Think of Lark as a friend with expertise in nutrition, exercise, and health. Lark tells you the good things. Lark says how you can make better choices next time. Lark's tips are based on science.
Lark has personalized insights. And Lark gives tips on making healthier choices. It's meant to help you, not to interfere with your life.
Get More (and Better!) Feedback
The more you use Lark, the more feedback you get. And the more personalized it is. These are ways to get more tips.
- Log everything you eat and drink. You don't have to count every calorie. But tell Lark what you eat and drink, and how much.
- Add your physical activity. Lark can pick up activity from the tracker on your smartphone. But you can also add workouts from the Lark app.
- Open the app one or more times a day to chat with Lark.
- Monitor your health. That may mean weighing yourself or taking blood pressure or blood sugar. It depends on your Lark program and what your doctor says.
Letting Lark Help You
Make the most of the feedback you get from Lark! Here are some tips.
- Read it slowly. That lets you absorb it.
- Take it well. Lark doesn't want to judge. Lark wants to help.
- Think about how you can apply it. It can help to be very specific. For example, if Lark says you might want to eat more vegetables, you might think about when and how you can add some. For example, "Tomorrow at lunch, I can have lentil and vegetable soup instead of chicken noodle soup."
Lark feedback can help you lose weight and reach health goals. Lark makes weight loss and healthy eating simple. Weight loss and healthy living can happen when you make small changes that fit into your lifestyle.
Lark offers tips, tracking, instant feedback, and friendly suggestions. Over time, small healthy changes can become habits for long-term success. Your personal Lark coach is available 24/7 through your smartphone so you can get expert tips, track meals, physical activity, and weight loss.
The entire program may be available at no cost to you if your health insurer covers it. Click here to find out if you may be eligible for Lark! You could be minutes away from taking the first steps to hitting your weight loss goals and improving health.